Calf & Co Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy at all times. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following to understand our practice regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Please also check this page from time to time to keep updated with any changes. By visiting www.calfandco.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Calf & Co Limited of 30 Birkenhead Road, Wirral, CH47 3BW.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you provide by filling in forms on our site calfandco.com or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise; details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders; if you contact us, we may keep a record of this; we may also ask you to complete reviews that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to do this; and details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information:
- Technical information including your IP address, your login information, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual;
- Information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number use to call our customer service number.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted - we do not keep any record of the card you use for payment. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out and to enable our third party agents and suppliers to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (such as the purchase of a product);
- To process and to enable our third party agents and suppliers to process payments made by credit/debit card, including validation of your personal data against third party databases (for example credit reference agencies) to guard against fraud. Your data will not be used for credit checks and your credit rating will not be affected;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, e-mail or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.